Wednesday, August 04, 2004

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jones, it's time..."

I recently got a copy of Ben Folds' "Rockin' the Suburbs" album. Simply put this is one of the best albums I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. There's something to be said about simplicity, great songwriting, humor, human emotion...

A couple of the songs tied my stomach in knots. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trying to choke back a tear or two especially during "Still Fighting It" and "Fred Jones Part 2." The honesty in those songs floors me and the musical accompaniment is perfect. There's something about the struggle against growing old that strikes an emotional cord with me.

Everybody knows it sucks to grow up and everybody does,
It's so weird to be back here, let me tell you what.
The years go on and we're still fighting it, we're still fighting it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(allison again)
you and aaron should talk. seriously. he loves ben. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree...that is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard as well.