Thursday, October 12, 2006

Update and Responses

UPDATE

Yesterday, Tommy/Isaiah commented: "This is cute and all...but where's the stuff you write that makes my brain flip?!?"

It's true. I haven't been very deep lately. In fact, I'm mainly on survival mode - keeping up with various goings-on. My spiritual practice has fallen by the way-side and I'm excited to get it back on track - however - I've learned that there are CYCLES in life. The cycles are natural and ok and it's fine to have some down-time from things that are normally vigorous and vice-versa. Perhaps the deepest question arising out of all of this is: "Is anything ever wrong? Or are things just are what they are?"

I have ordered a couple of new books including Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" (which I know a lot of you have read) and a really interesting workbook called "The Cup of Our Life: A Guide for Spiritual Growth."

RESPONSES

1.) Celeste - glad your husband enjoyed Hardcore Zen!
2.) Jax - melt into the Diesel. ;-)
3.) Jon - I found Catherine Doherty from a friend that lent me the Poustinia book. It's a must read, especially for the Frimster!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey, Trev, I think I've been in a similar place over the past few weeks--survival mode--hence the light posting over at my blog and utter lack of comment on anyone else's. It's easier for me personally to be okay with this part of the cycle when I hear that other people experience it as well...so thanks. Personally, I wish that I were constantly in a place to be thinking and feeling deeply and being a brilliant inspiration to everyone. But maybe not.

isaiah said...

"...It's easier for me personally to be okay with this part of the cycle when I hear that other people experience it as well...so thanks."

"It" goes around...doest't it!

Things...are, maybe.