Wednesday, December 08, 2004

An Old Story

There is an old Hebrew story of a Rabbi taking a stroll at night. Lost in his thoughts, questioning his life's call and not paying much attention, he takes the left fork instead of the right fork and finds himself on some sort of military base.

Suddenly a voice booms out from nowhere: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

The Rabbi is startled. "What?" he inquires.

A soldier appears from behind a bunker. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" he shouts back.

The Rabbi ponders for a moment and finally says "How much do you get paid for your work?"

"Four shekles a day."

The Rabbi responds: "I'll pay you twice that amount if you come to my house and ask me those same two questions every morning."

2 comments:

Jon said...

The ultimate questions, I love it! I need to ask myself that every minute! Frimmin'!

Amy Harden said...

I'm Amy Pierce Harden and I'm here to 1.be your wife 2. be the mother to your child 3. Be the first to say that you are a freakin riot at home, you just don't show it on your blog. 4. Love you unconditionally.