Friday, December 03, 2004

Groove Is in the Heart

Thought I'd share some of my music with you today. I am still working on a semi-professional cd, but the following tracks are Demo Tracks I've had for a couple years. Pay no mind to the quality and "goof-ups"... I was playing all the instruments and doing all vocals myself (except for bass on Parachute and When I Die) so therefore errors were bound to occur. (All files are .mp3)

  • Parachute (Acoustic) - Seems to be everyone's favorite... A Phish-esque ditty with a catchy chorus.
  • Even Still - My wife really dislikes this song, but for some reason I still dig it. For those of you who know classical music, there's a brief melodious reference to "Pictures at an Exhibition" after the first chorus.
  • When I Die (Acoustic) - Jazzy tune. The chorus is directly uplifted (but slightly reworded) from the pen of the Sufi poet Rumi - "When I die I shall soar with the angels/And when I die to the angels/what I shall become/You cannot imagine."
  • Been Thinking About A Solution - definitely the most sloppy of the recordings. This song's redeemable quality is the instrumental bridge (interlude) about 2/3 of the way through.

2 comments:

dave said...

This was exactly what I needed. Thank you.
Really quite excellent. I am excited to hear more.
peace
-dave

Trev Diesel said...

Just for the record, these songs are NOT the "worship songs" that I alluded to in a post about 2 weeks ago. That project is still unfinshed.