Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Deal or Dumbfounded

Over the last few weeks, Amy has occasionally tuned into the new hit game show "Deal or No Deal" on NBC on Monday nights.

I seriously feel like the entire world is in on some joke that I don't know about.

Wanna hear how the game works? Ok, here goes, let's see if you can get this: The host asks the contestant "Do you want number 4, 5, or 6?" Then the dramatic lights and music kick in and the contestant converses back and forth with his family: "Gee, spouse, do I want 4 or 5... cause 6 is my unlucky number and... gosh, I just don't know... I mean, I have 4 kids, so.... uhm, ... ah, I just don't know, Howie... the pressure... OH THE PRESSURE!... I'm gonna go with..." Meanwhile the crowd is going apeshit and Howie Mandell is shooting them deathly-serious interrogative glances.

There's no skill here... no game... they're picking numbers for *#@$&'s sake!!!!

Please, someone tell me I'm being Punk'd.

No comments: