Thursday, November 17, 2005

"December 24th, 9 pm, Eastern Standard time..."

I'm like a kid that looks in his parents' closet for his Christmas gifts.

I read a spoiler-filled review of the RENT movie today. I think most people will be happy with it, however die-hard "rentheads" (myself included) will certainly find some fault. There seems to be much from the original production that is left out (but of course, it IS an adaptation). Of all that is lacking, this part (which seems to be one of the main points of the story) may be the most missed:

"One of the heavy hitters for the musical was the feeling that... WOW, a year has gone by...just like that...look at these people...look at what happened...look at LIFE... wow. Didn't get that from the movie." (Amy Hu's review)

Nevertheless, I'm quite certain it will be a great film. I highly recommend it on premise alone.

But of course, if you REALLY want to get the full effect, go see an actual production of it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: